The national research initiative Swiss Personalized Health Network (SPHN) is creating an infrastructure enabling the sharing of patient data for research across Switzerland. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Clinical Data Specialist. If you like new ideas, challenges and working with talented people at the world’s forefront of life science and medicine, we want to hear from you.
The main contribution of the Clinical Data Specialist is to support the choice, use and implementation of standards and other means required to ensure semantic data interoperability within the Swiss Personalized Health Network. She or he will be located at the Data Coordination Centre headquarter in Basel and will have to travel frequently in Switzerland, especially to Geneva. This job requires strong capacity to collaborate closely with our partners at all university hospitals and bioinformatics research groups in Switzerland. We are looking for an individual with strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills with demonstrated experience in providing solutions for clinical data management in a research context.
● Contribute to the selection, extension, documentation and implementation of standards for health/clinical data interoperability within the SPHN
● Interact closely with hospitals, research groups, and IT specialists in finding optimal solutions, act at the interface between relevant stakeholders
● Support the ongoing and timely ingestion and extraction of data, metadata, outputs, and reports associated with current research projects
● Assist with development and implementation of evolving data management policies
● Contribute to educational material on data management best practices, standardisation, harmonisation and interoperability in efforts to build a robust and sustainable culture within the SPHN
● Report to the appropriate structures
● A degree in Clinical Informatics, Data Sciences or equivalent work experience
● Experienced in use or development of data standards, ontology engineering and controlled vocabularies (e.g. ICD-10, SNOMED CT, LOINC, UMLS), semantic tools and technologies (e.g. Protégé, SPARQL, RDF/OWL)
● Several years of experience working with data management best practices in clinical research or life science setting
● Demonstrated knowledge of managing and maintaining the integrity of quantitative and qualitative datasets
● Proven ability to build and cultivate strong relationships
● Fluent in English
● Fluent in German or French
● Experience in data-intensive biomedical research (e.g. PhD in bio- or medical informatics or closely related discipline or an MD degree with a strong emphasis on biomedical data or comparable)
● Familiarity with text processing applications (information extraction, natural language processing, etc.)
● Ability to work in an educational/academic environment
How to apply
If you are interested in this challenging and highly interesting position, please submit your application including CV and letter of motivation through our online portal by clicking the "Apply" button.